(Los Angeles) PIM Global Logistics recently received certification and recognition by the EPA as a partner in their SmartWay Transport Partnership Program. The SmartWay Partnership is a program that recognizes companies for setting and achieving greenhouse gas (GHG) reduction goals in freight transport.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) SmartWay brand ultimately represents cleaner and more efficient transportation options that improve air quality by reducing emissions that cause smog and global warming.
In its simplest form, the certification received by PIM Global Logistics identifies products and services that reduce transportation-related emissions. However, the impact of the certification is much greater as the SmartWay brand signifies a partnership among government, business, and consumers to help protect our environment and improve our air quality for future generations.
PIM Global Logistics received certification by meeting the following criteria:
- Having significant, measurable air quality and/or greenhouse gas improvements while maintaining or improving current levels of other emissions and/or pollutants.
- Possessing a proven mechanism to quantify benefits.
- Possessing and maintaining a verifiable reporting mechanism.
- Possessing a written, partnership-type agreement.
- Developing an education requirement that connects the brand with its environmental benefits.
True to the company’s goals of being innovative and taking initiative on matters important to the global community, PIM Global Logistics paves the way for a cleaner environment now, and into the future.